Thursday 2 September 2010

Gone but not forgotten

O.K, Typing this for a second time now Because of my stupid a key, I've taken to copying an a from a webpage recently and just Ctrl+V'ing lately for a. but apparently Ctrl+a select your entire post (my a key presses itself now) so it then replaces my entire post with aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, and that's no fun to read. needless to say i have removed my a key from the keyboard for the time being.

So, Following the trend of Tai and Nystal, i am posting here after a long absence, this is partly due to nothing to report, but mainly due to some personal things I've been dealing with. My grandfather passed away on the 7th of august, now this post may not interest some people as it is to do a lot with my life, things i have been through. The reason for this is that my grandfather was the greatest man i ever had the privilege of knowing, and i think everyone needs to know about what kind of person he was



So, onto the personal stuff.

My Dad left my mum before i can remember, so for a long time it was just me, my mum and my brother, when i was about 6 or 7 we we're staying at my grandparents, one morning my mum was gone (we discovered a few months later she had gone to live in Spain with her then boyfriend) leaving me and my brother at my grandparents. Now, there are people in this world who, if left in this situation, would say 'they're not my children, they're not my responsibility'. To me personally, this is unthinkable, Family is everything to me, thankfully, it is to my grandparents as well. They raised me and my brother as if we were their own children, i have always considered them as my parents. I will never be able to repay them for making this choice, if they had not, my and my brother would most likely have been sent to foster homes, potentially split up, grown up to be different people, never knowing each other, led different lives, and never known the people we know today.

He taught me so much that turned me into the person i am today (and i quite like me), more and more recently i notice things i do, habits i have that i have learned or taken from him, even the habit i have of clearing any condensation off of the outside of a pint glass before i take a drink is taken from him. One of his favorite phrases was 'there are 2 kinds of people in this world, givers and takers. He was definitely a giver, if he could help someone with anything he would, just to help, he never expected anything in return. Not to blow my own horn here, but this is a trait i have inherited from him, and i am so proud of it because it means i am like him.

So, again i apologize if this post was of no interest to you but my grandfather meant the world to me, in my eyes he was a true Hero, for the things he did for friends and family, and people should know about true heroes.


O.K, so that's that off my chest, onto Warcraft things. I've recently rediscovered my love for paladin healing (again), and to celebrate have acquired some new loots, bringing me within about 100GS of being equal with my mage. Recently i have been playing alts more as i find myself getting bored of tanking, especially 25 mans which i was never a huge fan of tanking anyway. The prog group runs are still fun, grinding away at Heroic encounters (5/12 now), but aside from that, i cannot bring myself to tank anything. I've had an offer from Tai to swap roles for cata, he levels his druid first to be one of our main tanks, i go with a dps first (most likely my mage but that could change) nothing definite has been agreed yet, I'm waiting for the officers meeting to discuss this.

and that's about it, not much else has happened in hawk world recently. i got a new trinket on hawk finally (corpse tongue coin) but that's about it.


On a completely separate note......

Go Here ------>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzXjcRkGYeg
Rock out
Thank me Later

To quote ven

Peace out homies xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home